Get to know us
Tobin Hill is home to some of San Antonio’s best metropolitan amenities. With its strong community association, easy access to most of San Antonio’s major attractions, and its Commercial Revitalization, Tax Increment Reinvestment, and Opportunity Zones, Tobin Hill is restoring its historic buildings and attracting new businesses, families, and individuals who want to enjoy urban living.
Tobin Hill’s Boundaries are directly north of Downtown San Antonio and part of midtown. Boundaried on the north by Monte Vista and Trinity University; on the west by San Pedro Ave. and San Antonio College; the East by Hwy 281, Pearl Brewery and the River Walk’s new Museum Reach; and the South by I-35 and the internationally award-winning River North District.*
Tobin Hill either contains, or is within 15 minutes, of:
- Five major colleges and universities, excellent public (The Hawthorne Academy) and private schools
- Pearl Brewery – bringing New Urbanism* to life, including the largest solar panel installation in Texas, under-the-freeway parking, great entertainment and educational events, restaurants and green businesses including a farmer’s market attracting thousands from across the city.
- The Second Friday “Art on the Hill” Gallery Walk sponsored by the Tobin Hill Art Alliance and featuring fine art and sculpture by dozens of San Antonio’s most well-known contemporary artists.
- The Tobin Hill Historic District and the East French Historic District
- A variety of restaurants, from Luther’s and Tycoon Flats for burgers to ethnic cafés and internationally-known chef Andrew Weissman’s Sandbar and Il Sogno
- All of San Antonio’s museums
- The Zoo, Botanical Garden, Crockett Park and the home of the San Antonio Symphony at the renowned Tobin Center for the Performing Arts.
- The N. Main Ave. and N. St. Mary’s Strips containing a wide variety of entertainment venues, from outdoor cafes to night clubs
- Hundreds of businesses providing a wide variety of communities services and amenities
- A vibrant creative community of artists, architects, designers, writers, theater professionals and more
Find out more about the Tobin Hill Community Association: read our Neighborhood Plan and Bylaws here.
*See Congress for the New Urbanism (see cnu.org)