August 14, 2018
The Neighborhood and Housing Services Department offers several home repair and energy efficiency programs for income-qualified homeowners. Applications are being accepted as follows:
- Owner Occupied Repair Program: NOW through September 14th
- Under 1 Roof, Let’s Paint, and Minor Repair Programs: Beginning October 1st and ongoing (as funding is available)
- Green and Healthy Homes Program: Ongoing, year-round
Click here to learn more about the City’s repair and remediation programs, and to download an application.
Housing Policy Framework
Mayor Ron Nirenberg created the Mayor’s Housing Policy Task Force in August 2017, with the charge to develop a framework for a comprehensive, compassionate housing strategy for San Antonio. After a year of collaborative work by the Task Force, five Technical Working Groups, and community at large, San Antonio’s Housing Policy Framework was released this week. Click here to read the final report.
It’s your city; make your voice heard! Learn about the proposed Fiscal Year 2019 budget with your friends and family. It’s your chance to meet your neighbors, city leaders, and learn more about city services while enjoying free entertainment, free health screenings, and fun giveaways.
- Thursday, August 16th: Morgan’s Wonderland – 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Monday, August 20th: Hardberger Park Urban Ecology Center – 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 21st: Palo Alto College Student Center (Evento en Español) – 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 25th: Woodlawn Lake Park – 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, August 28th: Cherrity Bar (Young Professionals Night) – 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 30th: Texas A&M University-San Antonio Vista Room – 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 1st: (Evento en Español) – Pearsall Park – 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Click here to review the proposed budget, calendar of upcoming events, and timeline for budget adoption.